Land Use Primer
The Land Use primer is a frequently-asked-question style introduction to the concepts of land use and land cover analysis, land use change and the modeling of land use change. Also discussed are the impacts of land use on climate change and vice-versa, the effects that climate change can have on land use and some ways that land use policies can be changed to adapt to a changing climate.
- What is the difference between Land Use and Land Cover?
- Why are we concerned about changes in land use?
- What is urban sprawl?
- How do we categorize Land Cover?
- How do scientists measure Land Use and what are some sources of information?
- How much of the CARA Region is developed, in agriculture, forested, etc.?
- What are the main drivers of Land Use-Land Cover change?
- What policies influence Land Use and Land Cover?
- What kind of models do scientists use to project Land Use and/or Land Cover?
- What are potential land use/land cover adaptation strategies for Climate Change?
- How does climate change impact land use?
- How does climate impact land cover?
- How does land use/land cover affect local climate?
- How Land Use/Land Cover Affect Global Climate?